The #MadeCortlandMine Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those persons who prior to their submission to the Contest, are the signatories to fully executed lease agreements (each a “Lease”) at a multifamily apartment community owned or managed by Cortland, LLC or its affiliates, parent companies, sister companies and subsidiaries (collectively referred to herein as “Cortland”) and validly occupy and reside in the apartment home to which such lease agreement pertains. For avoidance of doubt, only residents of the apartment communities (each an “Apartment Community” and collectively, the “Apartment Communities”) listed at the following link (click here
) are eligible to participate in the Contest (provided such residents are signatories to a Lease with respect to and reside in an apartment home within such Apartment Community as of the date set forth above). To be eligible, Your Lease must not terminate before July 2018 (for any reason). All entrants must be eighteen (18) years old or older to enter the Contest. Employees of Cortland (collectively, “Employees”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and in particular, the laws and regulations of the states of Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada, to the extent any apartment community is located within one of the foregoing states. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules. By participating in the Contest, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Terms and Conditions, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Cortland as final and binding as it relates to the content and results of the Contest.
3. Contest Period. Entries will be accepted online effective at 12:00 AM Eastern Time on May 15, 2018 and all entries must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on May 31, 2018 to be valid.
4. How to Enter. To enter, You must post, within the time frame provided in Section 3 above, a photograph of any well-decorated room in your apartment home to Instagram or Facebook. ONLY SUBMISSIONS VIA FACEBOOK AND/OR INSTAGRAM WILL BE ACCEPTED. For an entry to be valid, you must both (a) include in the hashtag “#MadeCortlandMine”, (b) tag the location of your Apartment Community in the applicable post, and (c) follow Cortland on either Facebook or Instagram. If your entry which complies with the foregoing requirements, to be valid, Your Instagram and/or Facebook profile must be set to “public”. DISCLAIMER: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CORTLAND PARTNERS SHALL NOT IN ANY WAY BE LIABLE FOR, AND THAT YOU HEREBY RELEASE CORTLAND PARTNERS AND AGREE TO HOLD CORTLAND PARTNERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST, ANY AND ALL LOSS, COST, DAMAGE, EXPENSE, CLAIM, OR OTHER LIABILITY (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”) ARISING FROM, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, YOUR SETTING OF YOUR APPLICABLE SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES TO “PUBLIC” FOR THE PURPOSES OF ENTERING THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THEFT OF INFORMATION, IDENTITY THEFT, IMPERSONATION, TROLLING, BULLYING, STALKING, OR OTHER CYBER CRIME. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. All entries must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified above, for You to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cortland. You are permitted to submit as many entries as You wish; provided, however, that You acknowledge and agree that You will not be entitled to win more than one (1) Prize (as defined herein), and provided further that, use of multiple email addresses, identities, or devices, or multiple residents of the same apartment home submitting the same room, in an attempt to circumvent the rules is not permitted. You must provide all information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cortland.
5. Prizes. Two (2) winners will be selected by Cortland’ interior design department from the submissions meeting the eligibility and entrance requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Winners will be determined within fifteen (15) days after close of the Contest to additional submissions (or by close of business, Eastern Time, on June 15, 2018). The winner will, subject to these Terms and Conditions, receive $1000 (the “Prize”). A second (2nd) place winner will receive a prize of $250. Prizes are non-transferable. THE CHOSEN WINNERS SELECTED BY CORTLAND PARTNERS WILL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS, AND THERE IS NO METHOD TO APPEAL, CONTEST OR PROTEST THE RESULTS OF THE CONTEST. Each winner will be notified by via post by Cortland on the applicable social media site by which the applicable entrant submitted its entry, and the winning entrant will be tagged in such post. Each winner must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their prize within forty-eight (48) hours after the time stamp on the Cortland post contemplated hereby. If any Prize is not claimed by a Contest winner within the applicable forty-eight (48) hour period, the applicable winner shall be deemed to have forfeited its Prize, and Cortland shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to eliminate the applicable Prize, or to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge and agree that Cortland shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail filters, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Receipt by a winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CORTLAND PARTNERS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by You. By entering the content contemplated by this Contest (i.e. photo, video, text, or other information and content required by these Terms and Conditions), You understand and agree that Cortland, anyone acting on behalf of Cortland, and Cortland’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, translate, modify, adapt, make available and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes (collectively, “Marketing Materials”), in each case, without any further compensation, notice, review or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, and that the submissions made are images of a room within your apartment home at an Apartment Community produced during your period of occupancy. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cortland. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, indemnify, defend and hold Cortland harmless from and against any and all such claims, and any suit, proceeding, Claim which Cortland may suffer, incur, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU HEREBY GRANT CORTLAND PARTNERS AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS THE RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR APARTMENT HOME AT YOUR APARTMENT COMMUNITY FOR THE PURPOSES OF CONFIRMING THE ACCURACY OF YOUR SUBMISSION, WHICH ACCESS SHALL BE GRANTED AT A REASONABLE TIME DURING BUSINESS HOURS WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS AFTER RECEIPT OF REQUEST FOR SUCH ACCESS FROM A CORTLAND PARTNERS’ REPRESENTATIVE.
7. Your Additional Obligations. If You are chosen as a winner, by entering the Contest, you agree to provide the following:
- Your accurate, current email address;
- Your accurate, current phone number; and
- Access to your apartment home to permit Cortland to take high quality photographs of your space to be included in Marketing Materials;
Additionally, you agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity, subject to and in accordance with Section 6 above.
8. Terms and Conditions. Cortland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond Cortland Partner’s control corrupt or affect administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Cortland may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cortland. Cortland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Cortland has the right, in its sole discretion, to take action deemed necessary by Cortland to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Cortland reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Cortland will use any data submitted by the entrants to the Contest only for the purposes of running the Contest, unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions. By entering this Contest, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Cortland for the purposes of the administration of the Contest and for the other purposes set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and such other purposes as the entrant may separately consent. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and should be interpreted in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of the United States of America and the applicable states in which this Contest is run. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, this shall not affect any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and such provision shall be limited and construed as if it were not in the Terms and Conditions.
9. Limitation of Liability. By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Cortland and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
10. Winners List. To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, mail your request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cortland, LLC, 3424 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Attn: Marketing and Promotions. Requests must be received no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on May 1, 2018.
11. Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Contest is Cortland Management, LLC, c/o Cortland, LLC 3424 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, 404-965-3988.
12. Facebook and Instagram. The Campaign hosted by Cortland pursuant to these Terms and Conditions is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
13. Acceptance. By entering the Contest, You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted and agreed to all of these Terms and Conditions.